Sunday, September 27, 2009

The High End of Low

MMHighEndofLow

Review written for Amazon.com

 

I am not a Marilyn Manson fan. But I have always kept an open ear/mind on any music, no matter who the artist may be. With the release of “The High End of Low” I have found a disc I can appreciate from Marilyn Manson where it is filled with strong music and equally strong lyrics. The tracks “We’re From America” and “Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon” are classic Manson anthems with their hard hitting, gutsy lyrics.

But my favorites have to be “Four Rusted Horses”, “Wight Spider” with my number one favorite off the CD being “Running To The Edge Of The World” more so the alternate version. This track has a huge lyrical attraction and the melody, though simple, strongly backs up those lyrics.

 

Not being a follower or a hater of Marilyn Manson, this is a disc that can attract those caught on the fence for this artist. Personally I have slipped off the fence of indecision and loved this CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment